The Coalition Space Fleet was the spaceborne, naval-style branch of the Coalition military. Its starships brought battle to the Civil Triumvirate, defended Coalition territory, and patrolled the border regions for Yellow Star Alliance movements. They were the first line of defense, and the first to enter battle. They were also responsible for transporting the Coalition Marines and the Marine Starfighter Corps to their destinations, and provided a mobile home base for marine operations.
- 1 Structure
- 2 Ranks
- 3 Uniforms
- 4 Battle Ensign
- 5 Deployment List
- 6 Capital Ship Classes
The Coalition Space Fleet consisted of three main operating forces and a number of administrative organizations.
Due to the nature of military operations against the Civil Triumvirate, the most important operational decisions usually began at this level.
After orders were handed down from the Military General Command, Space Fleet Forces Command was responsible for carrying out operations based on those orders. This unit, based on Animus IV, would organize various fleets and task groups as needed. It would also assure the daily ongoing operations of the standard fleets.
- Coalition First Fleet - Stationed inside the Animus Cluster. It's primary role was the defense of the cluster. Units from the First Fleet also scouted the immediately surrounding areas of the Sun'Ta Region for enemy movements.
- Coalition Second Fleet - This fleet's primary role was the defnse and protection of the Freedom Coalition's ally worlds, outposts, and colonies.
- Coalition Third Fleet - This fleet's primary goal was assault and foreign operations. Its units were trained for conventional warfare, but was usually broken down into special operations task forces.
- Coalition Reserve Fleet - Stationed Primarily at Animus IV and other major Coalition colonies.
Within each fleet, vessels were often organized into Naval Task Forces. They would usually consist of at least four vessels. For larger operations, the task groups could be broken down into individual units, which would range anywhere from a single ship to a unit of four. Many times, a Naval Task Force would see itself used repeatedly in different operations, while in some cases, a Naval Task Force may exist only for one individual mission.
Given the size and scope of naval operations, a specific division of doctors and medics existed within the fleet, complete with its own command structure of flag officers, command officers and enlisted. It was called the Coalition Naval Medical Corps and had members stationed aboard every space station and starship in the fleet.
The Coalition Naval Operations Corps was a subdivision of the fleet. It was responsible for the operation of naval bases and space stations. In addition, it managed the construction of shipyards and space stations.
Flag Officer Grade
- O11 - Master Admiral (MADM) - Commander of the Fleet branch. Typically a member of the Military General Command.
- O10 - Admiral (ADM) - Reserved for Fleet Command Staff.
- O9 - Vice Admiral (VADM) - Reserved for Fleet Commanders.
- O8 - Rear Admiral (RADM) - Reserved for special Naval Task Force Commanders.
- O7 - Commodore (COMM) - Typically serve as aides to the Admiralty.
- O6 - Captain (CAPT) - Reserved for the Commander of a starship.
- O5 - Commander (CDR) - Senior level command rank. Usually held by the starship's Executive Officer.
- O4 - Lieutenant Commander (LCDR) - Junior level command rank.
- O3 - Lieutenant (LT) - Reserved for experienced duty officers.
- O2 - Lieutenant (junior grade) (LTJG) - Bridge-step ranking.
- O1 - Ensign (ENS) - Typical duty officer rank.
Enlisted - Fleet Level
- E10 - Master Chief Petty Officer of the Fleet (MCPOF)
Enlisted - Fleet, Force, or Command Level
- E9 - Command Master Chief Petty Officer (CMC)
Enlisted - Command Level
- E8 - Senior Chief Petty Officer (SCPO)
- E7 - Chief Petty Officer (CPO)
- E6 - Petty Officer 1st Class (PO1)
- E5 - Petty Officer 2nd Class (PO2)
- E4 - Petty Officer 3rd Class (PO3)
- E3 - Spaceman (SN) / Medic (MC) / Shipman (PN) / Baseman (BN)
- E2 - Spaceman Apprentice (SA) / Medic Apprentice (MA) / Shipman Apprentice (PA) / Baseman Apprentice (BA)
- E1 - Spaceman Recruit (SR) / Medic Recruit (MR) / Shipman Recruit (PR) / Baseman Recruit (BR)
The standard duty uniform consisted of pressed brown pants and a matching shirt. Both were adorned with white trim. The rank insignia, required to be in mint condition, was the only real sign of pomp and circumstance. It was worn on the left breast, and a stylized patch identifying the station was worn on the right. The duty uniform was devoid of any awards or service ribbons.
Patients within a Fleetship's medical bay wore a padded white medical gown. The padding was essential due to the occasionally turbulent nature of space travel.
The battle ensign was an acronym used as a preface before every commissioned starship. These acronyms helped to easily signify the size, scale, class, and general use of the vessel.
- Attack Destroyer-Class vessels: Coalition Space Destroyer (CSD)
- Starfighter Carrier vessels: Coalition Star Fighter Carrier (CSFC)
- Cruiser-Class vessels: Coalition Cruiser (CCR)
- Frigate-Class vessels: Coalition Space Frigate (CSF)
- Corvette-Class vessels: Coalition Space Corvette (CSC)
- Gunship-Class vessels: Coalition Gun Ship (CGS)
This is a list of vessels commissioned by the Coalition Space Fleet for military duty. They are organized by deployment.
- Coalition First Fleet
- Coalition Second Fleet
- Coalition Third Fleet
- CSD Triumphant - Flagship, Curtana-Class Attack Destroyer
- CSFC Churchill - Primary Carrier, Prime-One Series Starfighter Carrier
- CCR Ghostwind - Selma-Triton Strike-class medium cruiser
- CCR Aleno - Selma-Triton Strike-class medium cruiser
- CSF Halcyon - Nebula-Class escort frigate
- CSC Lilith's Omen - Spec-Ops Group Alpha, MDC Class-Three Corvette
- Coalition Reserve Fleet
- CGS Salamand - Third Fleet, Sentry-Five Gunship, destroyed 2193 at Operation Pearl Island
- CSC Corsair - Third Fleet, MDC Class-Three Corvette, destroyed 2193 at Operation Pearl Island
Capital Ship Classes
Space Stations / Defense Platforms
- Curtana-Class Attack Destroyer (Triumvirate design)
- Sentry-One Battlecraft
- Selma-Triton Bulwark-class heavy cruiser
- Selma-Triton Skimmer-class light cruiser
- Selma-Triton Strike-class medium cruiser
- Animus-class Assault Ship
- Nebula-class Escort Frigate